Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why do you ask?

A few months ago, my whole immediate family was heading home from dinner in one car; parents up front, me, my sister and her husband behind them, my brother and his girlfriend behind us.

About halfway home, I was struck by the fact that the 3 glasses of tea I had had at dinner were too much for my bladder. So I say to my dad (who is driving), "Dad, I can you speed up? I need a potty break!"

My dad doesn't hear, so my mom reiterates; "Speed up some, she's got to go to the bathroom."

My dad responds with, "Who does?"

And full bladder be-damned, I start laughing, and get only confused looks. "Well, really," I managed to gasp, "does it MATTER who said it?! Whoever said it, clearly the back seat is in imminent danger!!"

We did make it home in time, happily. And we still ask "Who does?" If anyone says they need to use the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment