Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Also, my nose runs and my feet smell...

On two separate occasions, my sister has confused which sensory organ controls which basic sense.

Act I:

(I'm researching online for my sister, who is cat-napping in my room with her head partially under a pillow - mostly her forehead.)

ME: Hey, is this the website you found it on?
HER (groggily): ...What?
ME: This website. Is this what it looked like?
HER (without looking, or even moving, really): I can't hear you; my eyes are closed.

(Scene.)

Act II:

(Walking up out of the waves on a beach in Florida, I'm to the left of my sister and our brother is on her right. We've been body-surfing and my and my sister's hair is plastered to our heads, faces, necks and shoulders. My brother's is not, because his hair is buzzed off.)

HIM (Holding hand out toward sister's face.): What is this smell? It's not, like, sunblock, but I don't know what it is.
HER: I don't know. My hair's over my ears. I can't smell anything.

(Scene.)

No comments:

Post a Comment